My blog was nominated for an award. For what I'm not sure....but it gives me an opportunity to blab about myself and I'm sort of vain (and a touch of an over achiever) so here goes.
She's beyond talented in the writing department, a mom of two beautiful kids, and we are married to brothers, but more than that, we're friends.
Per her blog my instructions are to
a) tell 11 things about myself (which could be combined with b but see description of myself above)
b) answer 11 questions from the person who nominated me
c) nominate three blogger friends (with fewer than 200 followers) and ask them 11 questions to share with us.
Got it? K.
Here are 11 random facts about me
1- I am a licensed hairdresser and own a small salon. I like doing hair, but detest the late hours and weekends
2- I wanted to be a doctor my entire childhood.
3-I am scared to death of snakes and needles
4-I am prone to clumsiness (and by prone I mean I fall, a lot)
5- I am a worrier
6-I am a full time student at WKU (NOT TO BE A DOCTOR)
7-I am a procrastinator
8-I thrive under pressure
9-I am not organanized. At all
10-I probably have a mild form of adult attention deficit disorder (this isn't a joke, I probably do)
11-I have never had the desire to live anywhere but a small town
And now for Kimberly's questions....
1. When you’re feeling down, what song, movie, or book is sure to chase away your blues?
Depends. If I'm overwhelmed and frustrated I listen to Christina Aguilera's "Fighter" I know it's about cheating or something but it makes me feel like I can kick butt. Movie I would have to say Gone with the Wind (just because I love it) and book, I'm not sure which to pick, but I'd have to say when I'm at the lowest I pick up my Bible.
2. What do you do when you get really angry?
Truthfully, I say things that I really regret later. Not proud of it, but it's the truth. And cry.
3. What is your least favorite food?
Ham...the texture...the smell...gags me
4. What character from literature or history do you wish you were more like?
Jesus but probably not for the reason you think. I really wish I had the ability to always see the best in people.
5. What is a skill you wish you had, but don’t?
Organization. I am seriously envious of organized people. I have made several failed attempts the key word being failed
6. If you could go back and tell the seventeen-year-old you one thing, what would it be?
Sleep. Sleep in. Sleep late. Sleep all day, because someday you're going to have three miniature people who live with you who get up at 4 or 5 and think sleeping until 6:30 is giving you a break.
That and all the people who think you're making a mistake marrying your high school sweetheart at 18 are WRONG. Times will be tough but you'll grow up together and almost 15 years later he's still the one.
7. What is the most indulgent thing you’ve ever done for yourself? Spent a girl's weekend in Nashville last Christmas. Eating, laughing and shopping. We stayed up way too late in the hotel and I didn't feel one bit guilty about my poor husband tending to our kids by himself.
8. What’s your favorite part of your day? Despite my answer to number 6 I would have to say morning (post coffee morning). I feel like it's a chance to do better than yesterday and as a Mom I'm constantly wanting a second chance.
9. What character trait do you most admire in people? Kindness and gracefulness
10. Do you search the house to find your presents before the big day or do you want to be surprised?
As a kid I searched high and low. Today, I want to be surprised.
11. The bad boy or the boy next door? Is it ok to say "neither"? I choose country boy. Blue jeans, boots, farmer's tan, and a little dirty from working all day.
Now for my nominees...
Brittany at www.blakeandbritt.blogspot.com
Lesley at www.thespainhowardfamily.blogspot.com
and Nadina at www.kngnalexander.blogspot.com
and for my 11 Questions for these lovely ladies.
1) Why do you think the person who nominated you is Awesome? OK OK I"m kidding.
The real questions
1) You have 24 hours to spend doing anything you choose...what do you pick?
2) What is your best quality?
3) What is the quality about yourself you'd most like to change?
4) What is the most rewarding and the most challenging aspect of being a mom?
5) Your favorite date night?
6) What is your most vivid childhood memory?
7) Skinny jeans....take them or leave them?
8) What is your biggest pet peeve?
9) One material possession you can't part with?
10) Movie you could watch over and over?
11) If you had to choose one statement by which you try to live your life around, what would it be?
1 day ago