Saturday, October 10, 2009

This is What Happens When....


Your Mom is a photographer....


When you're two you wail and cry at the sight of a camera and when you're five you pretend that if you ignore the camera it will magically go away.


Notice I have perched the children on the KITCHEN TABLE to attempt to snap one photo before they shimmy down to the floor and run away

Somehow I can manage to take portraits of other people's children that bring tears to their eyes, that they send to their loved ones in their holiday cards, that they proudly display on their walls, however, my own little subjects are not quite so cooperative.



Should I tell you that most photos of them are when they are dressed to go to church with Travis in the background fuming and saying, "We are going to be late...do you have to take pictures now" then someone usually is being threatened to be spanked if they don't at glance in the direction of the camera and remove their fingers from their own nostrils or their sisters nostrils, or their ear, or mouth, or... well you get the picture...literally....

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm with you! I just took some fall pictures of my kiddos and everyone was so stressed by the time it was over. They will cooperate for others but it's just something about Mom taking pictures that they don't like:o)

Lesley said...

That picture is so funny. They really do look put out with you. I'm pretty sure Ellie Claire is going to feel the same way about Dad before long. He took nearly 200 pictures at Jackson's Orchard today!