Thursday, January 8, 2009

Just a quick post

Lilly Newborn

Noah Newborn



So sometimes right in the middle of my day...reality of how fast my babies are growing up hits me square in the face. Today, I'm going about my normal business, cleaning up lunch dishes and folding a load of laundry all while trying to change out Lilly's next size of clothing for storage. I came across a preemie outfit that she wore alot that somehow didn't get packed up with the newborn things. It is so so so tiny and I can remember very clearly when it was still a little big on her. Now she's 16 months old, 20 pounds and toddles all over the house eating everything in sight. She loves to wave "bye" points out her ears, eyes, etc, and she thinks her big brother is the greatest person on God's green earth.





While I'm being all sentimental over this tiny peice of cotton Noah saunters in to the room sighing and saying that he's bored. He says, "Mom come play a game with us." So I drop what I'm doing at 1 pm and we spend the rest of the day having a ball in our toy room. The laundry wasn't done, the totes were still out in the bedroom, but my babies are going to grow up soon enough. I want to enjoy every moment with them that I can. I know that one day soon, it will be me asking to spend time with him.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you made a wonderful choice by dropping everything to hang out with your kids! They do grow up so fast; you need to enjoy every moment with them. When they are older and think back on these times, those moments you spend with them will stay in their memories forever! They won't think or care about how clean your house was.....Love you!

Shanna said...

Reality can hit you at the most wierd times, huh?? I totally agree with you!!

DeAnna said...

Thanks for this post Jessica. I was just thinking along these same lines today. I love my boys so very much, but sometimes I forget to stop trying get everything done and just enjoy being with them. Kids are so much fun and they grow up way too fast. So, I think one of my new year's resolutions is going to be to stop what i am doing and play more!:)

Carol said...

I'm with you, girl. All we do (since Christmas) is play board games, but I too realize that there will come a time that he won't want to play with me, so I'm going to play with him every chance I get! Can you believe our babies start kindergarten next year? :-(

The Stice's said...

It's hard isn't it? Realizing how fast time goes by... mkaes us realize how we need to cherish every moment!

Lori said...

So, my eyes are filled with tears.. You are so blessed to be able to drop what you are doing and be with your sweet kids. Your children are lucky to have such a wonderful mother.

Lesley said...

Sweet post : ) I had forgotten how tiny Lily was!

Jessica M said...

Okay, you just made it hit me! But, I really should stop worrying about getting things done so much and just enjoy Ella while she is little because I can never get that time back, but the house will always be here! Thanks for the post!