Monday, January 26, 2009

Motherhood...It's Not for the Weak Hearted (or Stomach for that matter!!!)

Attention Attention Attention...if you have a weak stomach stop reading right now...
OK I warned you...

I am a weenie...squeamish...whatever word you want to use...plug my name in and it describes me. Basically I passed out in Parenting Class in High school watching the birthing video...only we didn't get to the birth part. I blacked out at the nurse standing beside some peice of medical machinery. Yep things of this nature totally leave me weak in the knees (and not in a good way)

So fast foward to January 09. My poor little Lilly Grace has had a horrible case of diahhrea since New Years. We've tried everything, attributed it to teething, too much juice, etc and to no avail, she's still "going" 6 or 8 times a day. So Friday night she wakes us with a really high fever so it's off to the doctor on Saturday morning. Basically she has a ear infection, possibly the flu virus and get this...we don't know what is causing the digestive problems. But, could I possible bring in some stool samples on Monday morning to run some lab work? Of course I can....

So Monday morning bright and early I'm collecting the samples to take to the lab...dirty diaper...gloves...test tubes from the lab...the whole deal. I also am gagging my head off and trying not to puke in the test tubes...pretty sure this would mess up the lab results. I'll spare you the gory details...but as I'm driving my lovely specimens of Lilly's to Grave Gilbert Clinic on Monday morning I have decided that the educators that are trying to prevent teen pregnancy have it all wrong. They make girls take home those computer babies that cry and you have to carry them around and feed them and such...nope if they really want teenagers to prevent having babies at a young age...I feel certain that they should make them all get close up and personal with dirty diapers and a lovely fact of parenthood called "somebody's gotta do it and it's gonna be Mama..."

Anyway...love you all...hope you weren't eating when you read this...but all of you Mama's have probably done this or worse so I know you understand.

PS...Travis laughed his head off and entertained his buddies at the office with stories of my morning "duties" Thanks babe, keep reminding me that I wanted to stay home with the kids....

10 comments:

Wanda May said...

I am very "gaggy" as well, and throw up gets me the worst. Had to do the stool things too, but the throw up gets me every time. I get sick from being sick. lol

The Stice's said...

Too funny! You are a great Mama!!

Erica Simpson said...

Bless your heart and I feel you! We have had the on and off again stomach bug since Movember! Ughhh! I don't do throw up! :(

Julie said...

The things we Mommas have to do! Hope Lilly is feeling better!

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

I'm so sorry poor Lilly is sick. Hope she gets well soon!

Lori said...

I feel for you! I went through this with Caroline last year, only I had to take THREE rounds of samples! Test after test, with no results! While you wait for a verdict, you can go to any pharmacy and ask for Lactinex (it's behind the counter). It is the only thing that helped Caroline. It's a lime green and white box and has 12 packets of granules inside. you can just mix it with her food and it will thicken her, well, poo. It's not like imodium or anything, it will just give her (and you) some relief. Good luck!

Stewarts' said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry for you and your poor little one. I hope she gets to feeling better soon for her sake and yours! Love ya!

Jessica M said...

Lovely joys of motherhood!

Carol said...

This is why I love you...you can ALWAYS make me laugh out loud! :-)

Shanna said...

Hope things are getting better, isn't being a mom so much fun!!