Wednesday, May 18, 2011

7 more days...

Yikes...I counted up the days of school left and it's SEVEN. Seven more school days until I officially have a second grader...meaning one more school year has come and gone! And not to mention that this year has brought many changes to my baby boy... like he has had his first sleepover with the "guys", he is very aware of what is cool and what is not, he cares about his clothes, like alot, and also breaks into his Daddy's cologne every morning before school... hmm...not so sure about this grown up boy stuff. He also wanted me to stop signing the notes I pack in his lunch box as "mommy" and just sign it as "mom." I know the next thing will be he doesn't want notes in his lunchbox at all. He also informed Nana that she can't call him "Baby" at school. Poor Mom and me, we'll take to our beds I suppose when he has his first date. HA!

But seven or fifty-seven...this cool guy will always be my BABY...whether he'll admit it or not....

I do have to add on a funny little note about Noah I don't want to forget. He thought he would surely die before the dance recital was over on Sunday. He perked up long enough to watch his sister and then he wanted to see his buddies Mollie and Macy, but the rest of the recital he thought he would surely perish before it was over...and the fact that he had to wear his church clothes during the entire program was more than his little heart could bear. HA! Note to self....a three hour long dance recital is not high on the agenda of most enjoyed activities of a first grade boy! Now keep in mind that his sister has endured several hours worth of basketball and baseball games as his biggest supporter, but nonetheless one dance recital just about did Noah in.

No comments: