Friday, September 12, 2008

See You Soon Daddy!


So the Parsley family is minus one member for the next 2 or 3 weeks. Daddy "or Da-Da according to Lil" has been sent to Baton Rouge Lousiana by ATT for hurricane relief. He says he should be able to check the blog and has told me repeatedly to post pictures of the kids so he can see them. The longest he's been away from them is a night or two I think. I heard from him earlier tonight and he arrived safely and was headed out to try some cajun food before clocking in tomorrow. The man loves work is all I know, they're scheduled for 12 to 14 hour days and he will get a day off after 13 days straight. I asked him last night if he dreaded it and he shrugged and said, "It's just work..." I however would be wailing to anyone who would listen if I had to work those hours. That's why I'm glad he's the breadwinner! OK and I'm also very glad that they managed to find him a hotel room because some of the linecrew that was going were unable to get vacant hotel rooms so they were putting them in , I'm not joking, spare cells at a correctional facility (aka I'm assuming prison...) They were instructed not to talk to the inmates...no need to tell me twice, Thanks.


Anyway, so I'm blogging at 10:30 pm and trying to not notice that me and the baby are the only ones rambling around this house that seems much too big and too quiet with Dad gone...


Anyway, we'll miss him alot and I hope that he doesn't wear himself out. I also am hoping he isn't caught in the wake of hurricane Ike. Anyway, he'll have lots of work to keep him busy and then there's always the TV to keep him company, especially with all of the news coverage of his new fantasy woman, Sarah Palin. He loved to remind me that the woman is for guns, babies, and Jesus...and also has killed a moose or something. I've been married to the man for 10 years and given birth to his two children and I still don't think I can compete with her.... Oh well...

11 comments:

Shanna said...

Loved the post, hate that Travis is away, but maybe he will appreciate you more than Sara when he gets back!! :)

Staffanne said...

So great he went to help those in need! However, I know you and your kiddos will miss him a lot. Kyle thinks Sara is great to. I would love to know if she injects caffine directly in her veins or what her secret is to give her all that energy to raise those kids and do all the work she does to.

The Stice's said...

Too funny! Sorry to hear that Travis is away, but it's great that people like him will help out those in need! I'm sure the time will fly by!!

Lesley said...

I know you will miss him. I have a feeling that you will have very good help while he is gone though: )
BTW, Eric thinks Sarah Palin is wonderful too. He has been watching Fox news round the clock since her first speech!

Wanda May said...

love your blog, Travis if you are reading this, stay safe!!! And Jess, Sara cannot hold a candle to you, she might be able to shoot a big ole moose, but look at all the pictures you 'shoot'

tap said...

Miss you guys already. Pretty windy down here right now, but not much rain. Cajun food is awesome. My friend down here is wanting to take me to eat something in a pig's intestine...said it is great...don't know if I'm ready for that. Give the kids a big hug for me. Noah, take care of mommy and sissy. Love you all, Daddy

Julie said...

It's great that he's helping out, but it's no fun for you to be without him for a few weeks. I've been there and it's hard. BTW, Kish thinks Sarah is great also!!!

granny_char said...

Doug thinks Sarah was right behind Jesus when he was waling on the water.lol I like her quite a bit myself! I hope you guys get along ok without your hubby! It's nice that he's helping out though. I don't understand why they sent him so far when 2/3 of Louisville & Indiana is with out electric & Phone service. Looks like they would have kept him at home until this crisis was over and then sent him there unless he had already gone. Just a thought.
Love Ya Sweetie,
Char

Jessica M said...

Sorry to hear that Travis is gone right now! But, he is doing it for a good cause!

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, this remarkable idea is necessary just by the way

Anonymous said...

I know one more decision