Friday, March 20, 2009

Sorry to be such a disappointment

So, in light of UK's not so stellar season, I was thinking the next logical thing would be to root for Louisville. You know, they're still from Kentucky, and I still kind of have a thing for Pitino...Anyway...I mentioned this in passing to Travis and he shot me a look that was straight from...well it was NOT nice. I think we narrowly missed divorce discussion and it ended with "We should not discuss this and Pitino is a TRAITOR" which apparently is the list that I qualify for as well. I didn't realize our marriage vows should have included "I vow never to come between my husband and his TEAM!"

On a lighter note, I am mother of the year who still lets her 18 month old drink a bottle. I figure it's not going to hurt her, she just stopped nursing a month ago so I still think we're making progress. Problem is, she now has her own word for her bottle "mih baba" and she will yell it from the top of her lungs until she gets one, warmed up thank you very much. Oh well, you gotta give it to a girl for persistence!

6 comments:

Heather said...

We have the discussion about UK and UofL around our house too. Nathan feels the way you do. UofL is still in KY so why not be for them. Once KY is out of the running, I have no interest. I'm UK all the way but I guess UofL would be a descent second choice.

Shanna said...

I am right with Travis on this one! Any true BLUE fan feels Pitino is the worst kind of traitor!!

Nan said...

What about WKU...at least it has "Kentucky" in it!! And, you've got to hand it to the Tops; they've made it a lot farther than UK could ever dream this season :)

DeAnna said...

Don't feel bad about the bottle. Ethan is well over 2 years old now and I still can't bring myself to take his pacifier!

Stephanie said...

It's only a bottle....Macy had a paci until she was 3 1/2 and Mollie...well she STILL sucks her thumb (In 2nd grade!) and tells me she has no plans of stopping! She even told the dentist she had stopped so he would stop harassing her about it!

About the UK thing....cheer for WKU!:)

Erica Simpson said...

I think the same thing~! And who cares about the bottle! Not like she will walk down the aisle with one! :)