Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

As everyone else I suppose, with tomorrow being Thanksgiving, I have tried to put some thought toward what I am truly thankful for. I know that on my list of things I'm thankful for are alot of the things that so many others are thankful for, my home, my children, my friends and family, but how often do I stop and really take the time to be thankful?

I get very caught up in the rush of daily activities that I sometimes take one simple fact for granted. As a little girl, I used to think about what I wanted my life to be like someday. And it occurred to me, that I have truly gotten everything that I wished for. I knew that someday I wanted to have a husband to love and who loves me. I have two beautiful healthy children who fill my world with more joy than I ever thought possible. I have my health to be able to enjoy them. I have a family that loves and supports me no matter what and I have friends that I know I could count on in the best of times and the worst of times. I have a church that I can go and worship the Lord and I have a home that is my favorite place on Earth to be. I have salvation that I know about and I have a peace in my heart that I don't fear what will happen to me when this life is over.

Am I rich, certainly not. Do I have my share of disappointments and frustrations, you bet...but in the end of the day, I lay in bed at night and just have to whisper a prayer that simply says,

"Thank You."

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Sweet post Jess : )

Glad Noah's Dr. appt. went well today and also glad of the good talk we had on the phone this evening. Love you:)