Monday, April 27, 2009

Beware of the Goose...

Me and my two babies got bored in the house so on Friday we decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and have lunch and play at the park. (Basil Griffin park where the pond and the ducks are). Well, should I say me and my two babies and the rest of Warren County Elementary school aged children...

Anyway, we unpack our lunch and eat at a picnic table and have a lovely little time except for our food kept trying to blow away and then Lilly decides to throw some at some birds and I think a lady at a table next to us thought we were trying to throw some at her...

So we decided lunch was over and we took our left over bread bags down to feed the ducks. Did I mention there were 967 kids at the park that day? Needless to say, the ducks were not hungry. We threw bread and threw bread and the ducks were not interested. This is very frustrating to a five year old I believe. In his frustration Noah decides to chase a very LARGE goose, and I yell to Noah, "Noah stop! That goose will flog you." Because the goose looked like it was considering just that very thing.

Noah stops dead in his tracks and says," What does flog mean?" I think about this for a moment and then I say, "Well, uh, they get mad and flap their wings on your head and stuff.." I know this sounds very intelligent but it was the best description I could come up with on the spot...

Noah seems satisfied with the explanation and goes on his merry way. I forgot about the goose and the bread and the threat of my son being flogged....UNTIL...

A group of elementary schoolers and their teacher walk by and they're going to feed the ducks. One of the kids starts to chase the very same goose that Noah did. Noah, being the good Samaritan that he is decides to warn this unsuspecting child and yells"

"Hey guys, don't chase that goose it will "FLUCK" you..."

WHAT?!? "Flog, Noah, it's FLOG!!!"

"Oh yeah Mom, I forgot the word..."

GREAT...that concluded our duck feeding adventure...

10 comments:

Staffanne said...

Oh my gosh Jessica I am cracking up! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. The things kids say and do. Noah is too funny!

The Browning's said...

that is soooo funny. I'm bout to pee my pants...

DeAnna said...

FUNNY!!.....still laughing

Brooke said...

I am laughing my butt off!! I love it!!!

Wanda May said...

Soooo funny...priceless

Alicia Jane said...

Hilarious!!! You are one great story teller by the way!! Your posts are great! I am laughing and will be for awhile with this one!!

Emily V. said...

Ok, I've been stalking your blog for quite some time now, however between this story and your recent picture taking adventures on your vacation have become quite entertaining.Glad you had a good experience with the Baby Fair at Med Center. Mom said she thought you were pleased.

Sherri said...

That is just too funny! Your stories crack me up!

The Stice's said...

He is the funniest kid!!

Shanna said...

What will he think of next??!! Too funny!!