Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm SUCH a Mean Mommy

Does any one else hear on a daily basis how mean they are? I mean really, since Noah turned five I get lectured daily about the injustice of having me as a mean mother.

Here are just of the few ways that I am mean...

-I will not let him hit, kick, bite, or sit on his sister

-I make him take showers or baths when he's dirty

-I will not let him eat candy for breakfast

-I force him to take allergy medicine, and heaven forbid VITAMINS...the nerve

-I will not let him stay up until 10pm watching Spongebob

-I make him sit at the family dinner table and eat, talk about his day, and turn the TV off

-I won't let him leave the house without a hug and a kiss from me....

Hmmm...come to think of it, I had a pretty "mean" mom myself!

So hope all of you other "meanies" are having a good day!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I really get the "mean" mom lecture when we clean up. Each night I set a timer for 8 minutes and he has to clean his house until the timer sounds. He screams and cries, but his room gets clean!!

Noah is blessed to have such a mean Mommy!!

Shanna said...

Right there with ya!! My worst moment is when Emma is not allowed to watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 for hours on end!!!

Kimberly said...

Does Travis also call you a meanie when you make him do the same things?