Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


"And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye; for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here; for he is risen, as he said..." Matthew 28:5-6

I'm sure that I'm like all the other Moms out there and I spend way too much time stressing over the perfect Easter outfits for the kids, the perfect baskets, the perfect this and the perfect that. This yearI have really tried to keep in perspective the meaning for this sacred holiday. I hope that everyone has spent some quiet moments this Easter truly thinking about what this day stands for. Jesus died on the cross and rose again that we might eternal life.

We spent the weekend with family and church friends. We had church Saturday night and Sunday at Beaver Dam and then we had an Easter Egg hunt for the kids. Travis and I had decided to just let our kids hunt eggs at home due to their egg allergies but thanks to my wonderful sweet friends Lesley and Stephanie and some other great Moms at church they decided to provide plastic safe eggs for the small kids to hunt so Noah and Lilly got to participate in the festivities as well. (Thanks girls, it's so great to have friends who are concerned about my kids being included on the fun!!!)


And another note about Easter festivities with kids with severe food allergies. Because of Noah's level 6 peanut allergy, he had never gotten to have a chocolate bunny. As many of you may be aware, kids like Noah who are allergic to peanuts can not eat chocolate produced in the same facilities as candy that contains peanuts or tree nuts because of the high risk of cross contamination of the candy. Anyway, we were able to find a company this year (Peanut Free Planet) that sells all kinds of candy for peanut allergic individuals. The chocolate is made by a company called Vermont Chocolate and it is AWESOME! It was so much fun getting to watch Noah enjoy his first chocolate bunny and to know that it was completely safe for him!!! We had gotten candy before from different companies that were allergy friendly but the taste wasn't good at all but I can say without a doubt this is some of the best chocolate I've ever tasted period. I would highly recommend them if your family needs to purchase candy for a nut allergic person. It is heavenly!!!
We then got to spend time with Travis' family and our sweet baby nephew and then it was on to My mom and Dad's house and visiting with the great-grandparents. I'm not sure when Easter became an actual gift giving holiday but by the time the day was over our kids had racked up 6 (yes I said 6) Easter baskets as well as sweet gifts from their aunt Kimberly and uncle Michael (my children are very loved by their family but also very spoiled!!!)


Anyway, after way too much fun and sugar we made it back to home sweet home and it's off to bed for the little ones because Spring break is officially over and it's back to preschool tomorrow for little Mr. Noah. We have had a great break, spending the entire last week at the beach. (More posts to come, stay tuned for vacation pics)





9 comments:

Lesley said...

Your page looks beautiful, Jessica! I love the picture of you! Who took it? The Easter pictures are so pretty. I'm so happy that Noah got to have his first bunny : ) Did he eat it for breakfast like my two boys?

BTW, we are so glad that the egg hunt worked out! It was NO trouble at all!! : )

DeAnna said...

Your kids looked so cute yesterday! Love your new page. I was just thinking yesterday about changing the lay out of my page.
So glad Noah got to enjoy Easter. My boys would much rather hunt the plastic eggs...they like what is inside them much better!

Stephanie said...

You always have the cutest pictures on your page....I'm sure it has nothing to do with being a photographer! Lily's beanie is TOO cute! I was excited about the plastic eggs....less mess with the dying:) I love your new pic too!

Brooke said...

I love the header!!!! Any suggestions on how I can make one too???

Beautiful family!!!! Glad things went well for the egg hunt!!

Carol said...

Fancy new page! LOVE the picture of you...FOXY! :-) SO, SO, SO glad the kiddos got to enjoy a "real" egg hunt! That's fantastic. There are so many of us that truly do care about your babies! By the way, their outfits were perfect! Who cares if Noah wants to kill you for it in 10 years! :-)

The Browning's said...

Great pics. Love the new layout too. Glad everyone had a wonderful day. Your pic is super, I love it, it certainly doesn't look like a "timer" pic, did you coach Travis? lol....

Stewarts' said...

So glad you all had a great Easter! We did too. Thanks for all your help and patience. I owe you big-time, sister!!!

Shanna said...

Sweet pictures!! We did the same at church with the plastic eggs, the kids don't know the difference and everyone can enjoy!!

Jessica M said...

Glad you had a good Easter!